Friday 2 July 2010

The Drums + Scissor Sisters @ Roundhouse, Camden











Fresh faced New Yorkers The Drums kicked off the iTunes Festival last night supporting Scissor Sisters at the magnificent Roundhouse. I've been gagging to see The Drums for a hot minute so I'm chuffed to cross them off the wishlist.

The main chap Jonathan clearly had ants in his pants as he was incredibly enthusiastic with his body movements, roving and winding all over the place on stage. Ana Matronic appeared unannounced to sing a few lines which went down smashingly.

The Scissor Sisters were big, loud and tight as expected. They previewed loads of their new album 'Night Work' which I need to give a good listen to because I wasn't instantly hooked to many of the tracks. They encored with Comfortably Numb and Filthy Gorgeous which I'd been waiting for all night.

They looked amazing and were full of beans. I'd love to know what they eat for breakfast!

STONKERS!! XX

PS. My camera battery died as soon as I turned the silly thing on, so had to make do with the old Blackberry as you can tell by these well below-par snaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment