Tuesday 9 June 2009

Terrible Tube Trauma

Just in case you were wondering why you found yourself in deja-vu confusion today over hearing a repeat of last weeks edition of The Get Up - I can give you an explanation.

I was all set and ready to go armed with my records (a mighty selection) and bonjela (due to the array of ulcers I currently have nestling in my mouth.) All was going swimmingly until I got to Bank Station to find the DLR shut off because of some major incident involving the fire brigade. So I went off upstairs and out onto the street to find myself in the living hell that is Bank in rush hour.

I walked for 25 minutes amongst a rush of suited people looking for the right bus asking a street sweeper, two newspaper sales people and a city worker who all had different directions for the number 15 bus. When I eventually found the bus stop it was ten to six and I didn't have a cat in hells chance of getting to xstream east in time for my show at six.

So in a very disgruntled and almost teary state I pondered home through swarms of people all wanting the same tube as me and rushing to miss the tube strike at 7pm.

Therefore you got a double dosage of last weeks show, I hope it's not too much of a let down for you as it was for me.

Seeya next week at 6, second time lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment