Thursday 1 April 2010

Essential Song #1


Every so often, certain songs have the ability to stop me in my tracks, make me look at the sky and think differently. This can be for any number of reasons - I could be feeling particularly hormonal that day, the lyrics might resonate with something I'm going through, or it's just a down right filthy song that catches me off guard and sweeps me away to an undiscovered land.

So from now on - when I have one of these musical induced experiences of euphoria I'm going to log it on this very blog.

You might not feel the same, but then again you might.

So todays song comes from a band I've been banging on about a lot recently, it's MGMT and the song is Weekend Wars from their album Oracular Spectacular.

Give it a spin, it might change your life.




Try to break my heart I'll drive to Arizona.

It might take 100 years to grow an arm

I'll sit and listen to the sound of sand and cold

Twisted diamond heart, I'm the weekend warrior

My predictions are the only things I have

I can amplify the sound and light and love


No comments:

Post a Comment