Saturday 13 February 2010

Pete Picked Me Up

Today I sat on the tube on my way back from a trip to the V&A museum for a spot of inspiration. I was listening to my ipod and feeling a little underwhelmed by the sticky and over crowded tube train so I desperately searched for a piece of music to pick me up.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in the world - but music has the ability to completely transform my state of mind, to offer an unparalleled sense of well being and the notion that any thing's possible.

The Libertines track What a Waster came on, and although the title doesn't give way to an image of triumph - the melody and sound of Pete's voice does. If you haven't heard any of The Libertines albums, I recommend putting the public image and scandal aside and giving it a whirl. I'd happily wake up to this song every morning.




When she wakes up in the morning


She writes down all her dreams


Reads like the book of revelations


Or the Beano or the unabridged Ulysses

No comments:

Post a Comment